1.Tell us about yourself.
My name is Ellen Mechling. Im 27 and recently married to my husband Derek. we live in Zelienople. I am a hairstylist/makeup artist at salon Vivace in Gibsonia.
2. What brought you to TPA? How long have you been doing CrossFit?
I tried CrossFit for the first time at my moms gym. I went a couple of times but it was too far away. Her coach highly recommended TPA. I started in September 2017.
3. What were your thoughts after your 1st WOD at TPA?
Honestly, my first thoughts were just a bunch of swear words. But I loved it! I loved how hard i pushed myself and how supportive everyone was to me. I was so proud of myself for getting through the whole work without dying.
4. What is your proudest CrossFit moment to date?
My proudest moment was getting my pull up!
5. What is your favorite movement/lift? Least favorite?
My favorite lift is anything with squats, most the squat clean. My least favorite lift is strict press.
6. What impact has Crossfit had on you in and out of the gym?
Both in and out of the gym I feel like I have more energy. It’s a great feeling to be able to have the energy to get through a tough workout and through a long work day on my feet.
7. What advice would you give to someone new to Crossfit, or thinking of giving it a try?
I would tell them don’t be intimidated. It’s extremely challenging but when you start to get the hang of it is so worth it! The mental and physical changes aren’t bad either.
8. If you could create a WOD, what would it look like?
It would be four different AMRAPs, three minutes each, with a mix of lifting and cardio.